Polyester Skylight Roofing
This system is formed by a double layer of polyester, comprising a glass fibre reinforcement impregnated with thermosetting resin and protected by a Gelcoat coating on both faces, to avoid the risk of fibre swelling, sheet abrasion and loss of translucency.
These units possess high chemical resistance and mechanical strength. Installation is simple, and they are maintenance-free. They do not suffer from expansion.
Sheets are available in a thickness of 1 mm., finished in White Opal colour or in Natural (transparent).
Functions and benefits of POLYESTER panels:
- Lightness, low weight
- Protection against ultraviolet radiation
- Transparency, allows passage of natural light
- Average thickness: 1 mm.
- Width: 1.000 mm.
- Length: Max. transportable
- Nominal fibre content: 390 g/m2
- Upper face colour: Natural
- Lower face colour: Opal
- Tensile strength: 65 to 80 M/mm2
- Flexural strength: >1530 kg /cm2
- Impact resistance without notch: 35 to 50 kj/m2
- Impact resistance with notch: 45 to 55 kj/m2
- Softening temperature: 140 a 150 ºC
- Density: 1,5 to 1,8 g /cm3
- Thermal conductivity: 0,23 W/m ºK
- Fire reaction classification: B s3 d0 (clase 2)
- Thermal expansion coefficient: 0,035 mm/mºC